Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Full time college student by day, and work-a-holic by night--

This is the life of Ilona de Ronde. I am a 20 year old, Early Childhood Education major at Henderson State University. I work in the Henderson Human Resource office as a student worker, the Henderson Admissions office as a Reddie Ambassador, and my hometown Video Store as "the video store girl."

I was born and raised in a small town in the Netherlands, called Eindhoven. When I was 7, my mom, sister, and I moved to Glenwood Arkansas. Its been quite the journey the past 13 years. We FINALLY became United States citizens about a year ago after a lot of sweat, tears, and paperwork. Although I am now considered to be an American, I will always be a Dutch Girl at heart.

Although I have such a busy schedule between school and work, I make it a point to spend my free time doing the things that I love. Whether its working out, spending time with my amazing family, learning to cook, or working on my photography skills; I always enjoy keeping myself busy.

I am starting this blog as a sort of motivational/informational blog about fitness and my journey through learning how to cook. I chose fitness because my recently married sister has decided to live a healthier lifestyle and I've been her little cheerleader on the sidelines. She started at 150 pounds and has lost 10 pounds of her 30 pound goal so far. I'm incredibly proud of her and I send her motivational text messages each morning, encouraging her to keep working hard. I chose food, because I am tired of feeding my sweet boyfriend Mac&Cheese and chicken nuggets. He is an incredibly picky eater. But, I've noticed he tries just about anything that I cook. As long as he is willing to try it, I'm happy.


This is a picture of my "blog-spiration". These two people mean the world to me; My sister and My love.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Keep up the good work! I've moved to Arkansas 6 years ago, but I always know that I'm a Louisiana girl at heart! After I lost my grandpa, my grandma's been my inspiration because she's still going strong after she lost her one true love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, I love your blog layout, especially your title picture! Your introduction is very well written, and I'm excited to hear about your fitness regiment and cooking adventures.

    ReplyDelete