Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fiesta Taco Salad

I keep meaning to post this recipe.
But, every time I think about it..
I get distracted! 
So, here it is: 
Fiesta Taco Salad!! 
This recipe was a hit with my family! 
They LOVED it (and that's very rare when I cook!) 
I'm still learning!


I started by making the black bean salad found in a blog called once upon a chef  
Then, I added lean ground beef, tortilla chips, and sharp cheddar cheese!

Black Bean Salad: (6-8 servings)
•2 15ounce cans of black beans(rinsed and drained)
•3 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob. (I used a can, rinsed & drained)
•2 red bell peppers, diced
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•2 tbs minced shallots
•1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
•2 tbs sugar
•9 tbs extra virgin olive oil
•1 tsp lime zest (zest lime before juicing)
•6 tbs fresh lime juice
•1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 Hass Avocados

Mix everything except avocado in a large bowl. Chill for several hours. Add avocado right before serving. Serve at room temp!

I put tortilla chips in a bowl, added the ground beef on top, then the black bean salad, and topped it with a little bit of sharp cheddar. It was delicious. They absolutely loved it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment