Sunday, June 30, 2013

Super Sunny Sunday

Before I start telling you all about my Super Intense Sunday... I just want to brag for a few minutes!

LOOK at my sister!!! The first 2 pictures are her 3 months ago. And the last 2 are from this morning. She has lost 17 of the 30 pounds that she is planning to lose. She is only 13 pounds away from her goal weight. I couldn't tell you just how proud I am of her. It has been a tough 7 weeks of bootcamp and I know that each day has been a new struggle. But, she has worked hard and she is over halfway there. 
You go Sacha!!! :)


Okay, so as usual, I woke up to Sunday Morning Breakfast!! Eggs, Bacon, Toast with Jelly, and potatoes!! Yup, it was yummy!!! :)

Then, I got ready for church!

After church, I got headed to Arkadelphia to meet Jackson. He took me to Little Rock to climb Pinnacle Mountain. It was a first for both of us. We loved it! 
We hiked the Ouachita Trail up the East Summit. I don't know if you can read the sign. But, it says:
Blaze Color: Red/White
Distance: 1 1/2 Mile Roundtrip
Difficulty: VERY DIFFICULT STEEP TERRAIN
Approx. Hike Time: 2 hours

It was the most intense hike I have EVER done. 
We basically climbed a giant cliff of boulders.

Here's a collage of some of the pictures we took on the way up the mountain. I took about 5,000 so, I figured I would save you some time and put several pictures into one.

Notice we still look pretty happy trying to climb up this crazy mountain...

Once we got to the top, we had to take a load off and enjoy the view for a while. We were exhausted!!!
Annnnnd... our chacos matched! :)


Then we took about a billion more pictures at the top of the mountain!


I mean... It was beautiful. You can never have too many pictures of a beautiful experience!


Just look at that view!! I could have stayed up there all day! Mainly because I was exhausted from climbing up the mountain... But, also because I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful view. God really was showing off up there! Amazing!!!

And here we are back down at the bottom.... As you can see, we were so tired!! It was a rough climb. But, I am so glad we did it. It was an incredible experience. 

Then, when I got home... I was rewarded with homemade tacos! Yup... I'm spoiled ;)

Yall have a wonderful night! 
I've gotta get some sleep. 
Goodnight!! :)

-E






No comments:

Post a Comment